As many of you will already know, St Paul’s is undergoing a huge transformation in the form of a complete external and internal refurbishment.
The work, which has already got underway, will herald the next chapter in the club’s life enabling us to support and work with an even greater diversity of people.
However, despite already raising a significant amount of money to fund the project – thanks to the generosity of local companies, individuals and grants, including Sport England – the club still needs to find around £200,000 to fully fund the work.
So, we’re asking for your help!
On August 1st, we’re launching the St Paul’s ABC Legacy2Future Challenge to encourage our members to come back to the gym in shape, and for everyone else to get fighting fit and lose those extra lockdown pounds.
The 30-day challenge has been divided into seven levels, enabling everyone of any age or fitness level to get involved.
People can start the challenge at any time up to August 31st but must complete it within 30 days of their start date. All we ask is that you raise a minimum of £20 for St Paul’s, although we hope you raise a lot more!
The seven challenges levels include:
- Humberside Champion – cover 100km in 30 days by running, walking, biking, or swimming.
- Yorkshire Champion – run or swimming 100km in 30 days, or bike 400km, or a mixture of both*.
- National Champion – run or swimming 100 miles, or biking 400 miles, or a mixture of both.
- The Ambassador – The Hull to Hornsea Challenge, starting at St Paul’s. Run or walk from the boxing club to Hornsea and back. This will take place on the day the newly renovated building opens and can be done as a single challenge, or in combination with one of the other challenges.
- Junior ABA Champion – cover 100km in 30 days by running, walking, biking, or swimming and complete the Ambassador.
- ABA Champion – run or swimming 100km in 30 days, or biking 400km, or a mixture of both, and complete the Ambassador.
- Olympic Champion – run or swimming 100 miles, or biking 400 miles, or a mixture of both, and complete the Ambassador.
People taking part are asked to keep a track of their progress via any popular fitness app such as Strava or My Fitness Pal.
Our friends over at the Pandamonium Podcast are helping us organise the Legacy2Future Challenge.
They can upload screenshots to a challenge WhatsApp group called Legacy2Future Challenge, or the Pandamonium Facebook group set up especially for the challenge, which can be found here.
The idea is to create a community of people taking part, so we can all encourage each other during the 30 days to achieve the target.
You can raise the money via a personal Just Giving page or in cash, or you can ask people to donate directly to the Legacy2Future Challenge Just Giving page.
All the money raised will be donated to St Paul’s Boxing Academy, which is a charitable foundation trust, and every penny will go towards funding the vital refurbishment work.
To take part in the challenge, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the name of the level of the challenge you’re taking part in.
*If you decide to do a mix of activities, cycling must be done in a 4 to 1 ratio with running or swimming. For example, if you choose to run half the challenge and cycle half, you can run 50km, but must cycle 200km. The same applies for all seven challenges except the Humberside Champion.